Well, this is the last day for the Mother’s Day Showcase – perfect timing for the weekend! As promised yesterday, I’m posting another card and a project – complete with tutorial!
First, the card… This is a 3.5 x 5″ card and coordinates with a notecard envelope. The flowers are stamped and cut out by hand, rolled up toward the center to give some dimension, and finished with a small rhinestone. Round the top two corners of the card, the yellow striped paper, and the white background. If you don’t have the round corner punch (or the ticket punch), you are missing out! These punches can add quick interest to your project.
Paper: Marina Mist, Just Add Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake
Stamp Set: Best of Everything
Punch: Round Corner
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones, Ruffled Ribbon (Pool Party), Designer Printed Brads (In Color), Baker’s Twine (Pool Party), Sticky Strip Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Now, the candle tutorial:
(1) Stamp all of your images onto tissue paper. Be sure to put a scrap piece of paper underneath because the ink will bleed through.
(2) Cut around the images. You can leave some room on the edges – it doesn’t have to be perfect.
(3) Put a small amount of adhesive on the back. You only need enough to make it stick to the candle (to keep it in place).
(4) | (5) Place your images on the candle.
(6) Wrap a piece of wax paper around the candle, over the images. Leave enough room on the ends so you can hold it with your hand. Use a heat tool to melt the images to the candle. You will see that the tissue paper around the image starts to disappear. Once that happens, you can move to the next image – be careful not to heat the images too much, or the candle will start to melt. Peel back the wax paper.
Note: If the image and tissue paper is coming off with the wax paper, you’ll need to reheat it against the candle. If the image sticks to the candle, you did it correctly!
(7) | (8) The finished product, complete with a gift wrapping idea.
Paper: Tissue Paper, Scrap Paper, Wax Paper
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant, Calypso Coral
Stamp Sets: Flight of the Butterfly (retiring), Best of Everything
Punches: Curly Label
Accessories: Heat Tool, Basic Rhinestone, Ruffled Ribbon (Calypso Coral), Cellophane Bag, Mini Library Clip (retiring)
Starting tomorrow, May 5, 2012, you will be able to order Stampin’ Up! products online 24/7! Place a $150 order or more and receive hostess benefits (see “Promotions” page for details). Plus, orders are shipped directly to you; it doesn’t get any more convenient than that! As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.