This frame was originally sitting empty on our mantle but when my husband came home and said, “So what’s going in that frame?” I knew I had to get something in there. I had seen this idea before (it’s far from original!) but I’d never tried it before. It was so easy and fun – but then again, I could wallpaper my house in pictures and be okay with it!
So, as promised, here’s a quick tutorial on how to make this frame and covered clothespins:
(1) On the back of the frame, adhere three lines of wire from one side to the other. I just used duct tape and since the pictures aren’t heavy, I can’t believe this wouldn’t hold.
(2) Measure your clothespins. I found these just last week in the dollar bin at Target, and they are a size I’d never seen before. Mine measured 1 3/8″ high x 1/4″ wide.
(3) Cut your Designer Series Paper into strips that match your measurement from step (2) and. Adhere Sticky Strip about the length of the paper to the back. This fit my clothespin perfectly, because both are 1/4″ wide.
(4) Remove the backing and adhere to the clothespin. I only put paper on one side, but you can put paper on both sides.
(5) The finished product! Use many coordinating papers for more interest.
(Not Shown) Print pictures (mine were 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″) and hang them from the wires using the clothespins.
Switch the Designer Series Paper for other occasions: birthday party display, Christmas advent calendar and home decor, general family pictures, or gifts!
Enjoy your weekend!